This article originally appeared at LaRouchePAC.com on July 18, 2017 and is republished at RogueMoney courtesy of our friend and frequent guest, Harley Schlanger. -- JWS
If there were 'traitors' to the survival of the United States, they would be but the politicians and media continuing to push a crazed "Russiagate" coup attempt against President Trump for his policy of cooperating with Russia and China.
If that strategic peace policy of the President is destroyed, the result will be spreading wars, and potentially war of nuclear powers. Even if the worst were avoided, the fact is that in the Bush-Obama era of regime-change wars — permanent war — the United States has been undergoing economic, social, and cultural destruction. Trump is trying to end that disastrous era through cooperation with Presidents Putin and Xi, and is following a clearly successful course. Moreover, he is determined to continue to pursue it in spite of the cries of "impeachment" and the threats of the intelligence agencies and their British intelligence mentors.
But the United States could also be destroyed by the financial crash and economic collapse threatening now, as bubbles collectively larger than those of 2007 are defaulting. The United States economy is sinking, and above all because its decrepit economic infrastructure is falling apart with no repairs, let alone replacement at a higher level of technology.
In that situation, what does it mean for some political leaders to say, "Don't offer any alternative policies to the American people; just impeach — and prosecute! — the President for meeting with Russians." This is a recipe for chaos.
It is the economy, stupid, and the condition of the U.S. economy — of employment, of productivity, of quality of life — is sinking fast.
Here the American people have to "take over" President Trump's derailed plans to "make America great again." It is up to us to defeat the Wall Street banks who have pushed him out of the driver's seat.
The "American System of economy" is what he has spoken for. He has not implemented it. It is what we need to save this nation, so we must carry the President to implementing it.
EIR Founding Editor Lyndon LaRouche has stated that American System in four policy actions that must be taken now, starting with reinstating the Glass-Steagall Act to "drive the money-changers from the temple of our civilization," as FDR said. The lessons of the Apollo Project must be applied to expanded space exploration and to the renewal and rebuilding of America's economic infrastructure at new levels of technology. The goal of developing fusion energy must be made the crash program it never became.
The American System can return us to the "golden age of U.S. productivity" which began with FDR and ended soon after JFK was assassinated; and which resulted from the almost continuous renewal of U.S. economic infrastructure at advancing levels.
Or we can face strategic crisis and war if we let the economy collapse. Ignore the "Russiagaters"; this is the issue.
Sign the petition below to tell Congress to do their job and get to work on the disastrous state of the American economy and start rebuilding decrepit, crumbling U.S. infrastructure!
We the undersigned, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents call upon our Senators and Representatives to immediately start acting on our behalf based on the following statements, principles and political program:
Our statements and principles:
- Donald Trump was elected President because he addressed forgotten Americans, promised to revitalize and modernize the manufacturing and productive economy of the United States, and to end the ceaseless, deadly, and purposeless foreign wars of the last decades;
- He was not elected because Russians manipulated social media accounts or otherwise suckered the American people into voting for him. Such a premise is stupid, ridiculous, and not backed by any ascertainable fact. From this standpoint, any rational observer looks in horror, not at what the President has done, but at the media and select politicians who appear to have gone collectively insane and appear to be insisting that the rest of us join them.
- The catastrophically failed decades of the Bush and Obama Administrations and the polarized and constant 24 hour media and entertainment circus have left the country dangerously susceptible to division and disorientation. Any look at the news appears to reveal a country divided into militant camps of “resisters” and “defenders” conducting what purports to be human speech in the form of animal grunts and reactive shouted obscenities. This “reality,” while seductive seductive to some, is completely fake.
- On the other side of the globe, at the Belt and Road Summit in Beijing [this May 14–15], a new and exciting reality representing the best aspirations of humankind is coming into being. The largest infrastructure project ever undertaken in human history is being built, bringing development to whole sections of the world, wiping out poverty as it provides productive jobs to millions. China has invited President Trump to join this great project, and the United States should immediately do so. It could jump-start our economy, moving the U.S. to a modern manufacturing platform with modern infrastructure.
- The President has promised to re-instate Glass-Steagall, to create a modern productive economy based on manufacturing and large-scale infrastructure projects, to return to fundamental scientific discovery and space exploration, and to end wars on behalf of the geopolitical or claimed security interests of others. This is a unified vision with which most Americans agree. This is what we are pledged to make a reality. Congress should focus on these four points and work with the President to achieve them, and nothing else. Negotiating U.S. participation in China’s Belt and Road great project for the world should be our foreign policy preoccupation. Where should we be in 50 years? This is the potential reality which must occupy us now.
So, Congress: Suck it up, move on, start rebuilding this country. Moreover, we also promise that those resisting this call will face an electoral drubbing, the likes of which no one has ever seen.